William Buck is one of Australia's fastest growing chartered accounting and business advisory firms and provides a range of exciting and innovative services to our diverse client base. Our Sydney office is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to further their career as a Level 2 Desktop Support and Network Administrator.
We are seeking an individual to join our team who possesses completed tertiary studies in IT and around three years' experience in a professional services environment. Reporting to the IT Manager, you will be responsible for providing PC and network troubleshooting support for approximately 170 users across 2 locations.
As well as the technical requirements, we are seeking a friendly, flexible, committed team member who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done and satisfy our customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems
- Manage and responding to helpdesk requests and troubleshooting where required
- Installation and configuration of desktop, laptop and printer equipment
- Performing of networking and server maintenance and health check tasks. This includes out of hours reboots of servers once a month after patches have been applied
- Working knowledge of backup systems and ensure backups are running and completing successfully
- Maintaining documentation of systems/ networks / backups as needed
- Deal with IT support requests including training and demonstrations
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues when necessary – Desktops, Networks & Server
- Create and manage all user accounts in Active Directory and various 3rd Party Systems
- Escalation of major issues to IT Senior Manager whilst referring major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Excellent technical knowledge of desktop and network platforms, with working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards (Microsoft Windows/ Exchange/ Server/ Active Directory/)
- Experience and exposure to Interwoven Document Management System is desirable
- Experience in a professional services environment desirable and exposure to the MYOB Enterprise Suite of products such as MYOB Practice Manager or APS
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills with customers, colleagues and management
- Strong customer-service orientation and ability to deliver on outcomes and expectations
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated track record of commitment, reliability and loyalty in the workplace.
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with strict confidence.