Continued growth has created an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Tax Consulting team in Sydney.
As a Consultant, you will be working as part of our specialist Tax team in providing practical advice on a broad range of tax issues.
Primarily, our clients are large proprietary/small public companies, high wealth individuals as well as some international work. Additionally, our Tax team receives a significant amount of work referred from other accountants.
Reporting primarily to two partners, you would be working as part of a small team of expert, senior tax professionals involved in:
- Researching and preparing advice on taxation issues
- Preparing and presenting papers on taxation issues
- Reviewing tax provisions and disclosures for statutory audit purposes
- Reviewing income tax returns for large and/or high risk taxpayers
- Implementing advice, in particular, undertaking procedures to implement structuring/restructuring advice.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business or similar as well as CA and/or Masters of Tax
- Broad tax knowledge and a desire to expand their experience to a specialist tax focus
- Approximately 3-5 years previous business services experience or in a tax role with a strong practical focus would be advantageous
- The ability to work independently and without direct supervision, but also the ability to work closely with others as part of a team
- The ability to manage a large number of concurrent jobs to tight deadlines
- The ability and desire to build relationships with fellow employees, clients and referrers
- Motivation, organization and good time management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, please forward your CV together with references and academic transcripts to: email@example.com
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.