The A Well Heeled Life forum is dedicated to providing focused financial information for you, your business and your family to help you create A Well Heeled Life. The articles combine the knowledge and expertise of accountants and advisors at William Buck, as well as specialists in other professions.
Stay tuned for our 2022 Financial Education Series for Women
We are currently planning another Financial Education Series for Women in 2022 that will cover a couple of the same topics but also dive deeper into some of the topics we covered such as Tips for your financial success. Stay tuned for more details!
In the meantime, please contact us on 8409 4333 if there is anything we can assist you with.
A Well Heeled Life 2020 Financial Education Series for Women
To help you be financially savvy on your path to creating A Well Heeled Life, powered by William Buck.
This series of educational events for women only, will provide an opportunity to gain some important financial information and a networking forum in a friendly and safe environment to ask the hard hitting questions.
Missed out the sessions? Watch them online!
Click here to view the other sessions in the A Well Heeled Life 2020 Financial Educations Series.
Unfortunately, we do not have a recording of the first session on Borrowing to buy property and asset protection.
That’s a Wrap
On Tuesday 16 February, we held our final session in the A Well Heeled Life Financial Education Series for Women.
We would like to thank everyone who attended any of the sessions in the series and we hope that you found the sessions valuable.
Over 250 women attended across the five sessions. Due to COVID-19 we had to revert to holding our sessions via webinar until we were able to return to a face to face event for our final session in the series.
Wednesday 19th February | Borrowing to buy property & asset protection
In a post-Banking Royal Commission environment, Malcolm Anderson, Finance Advisor, will equip you with tips for securing not just any loan but the right loan for you and how to pay it off.
William Buck’s Risk Insurance Advisor, Courtney Purl, will discuss how to protect your wealth and the importance of insurance to protect you and your family in the event of a health scare.
- Tips and traps of buying a home
- Borrowing to buy an investment property
- Loan considerations
- Lending criteria
- Which lender should you choose?
- How to protect your wealth through insurance
- Importance of insurance
- Insurance with industry super funds
Wednesday 24 June | Family law
Click here to access the recording of the Family Law session.
Divorce today is more complex than ever before. This is due, in part, to wealth-building strategies and complex financial set-ups couples create over the course of their marriage. Breaking up this financial jigsaw in a prompt and equitable way requires years of experience and a very particular skill-set. Tindall Gask Bentley family law partner Diana Dichiera will discuss the problems, pitfalls and solutions available to anyone going through such a separation, including:
- Property settlement – what’s right/fair & who gets what
- Complex asset arrangements and Trusts – understanding your assets, liabilities and how to split them
- Spousal maintenance and asset protection – how to ensure fairness while protecting your own finances
- De Facto couples – how the law views your relationship and obligations to each other
- Hidden traps when finalising separation
- Children, your rights, what’s best for the family
Thursday 20th August | Superannuation
Click here to access the recording of the Superannuation session
Superannuation doesn’t need to be complex. William Buck’s Superannuation experts, Tricia Kleinig and Sarah Parsons will explain the benefits of saving through your super fund.
- Different types of superannuation funds
- Contribution limits
- Investment choices
- How to look after your retirement money
- How to check your employer is paying the right amount
- Options for self-employed people
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs) explained
Wednesday 18th November | Estate planning and aged care
The final session will round off on an important discussion on Estate Planning and Aged Care. Amalia Subotkiewicz from MT Lawyers will discuss the key elements of an Estate Plan.
William Buck Wealth Advisor, Alessandra Forero is an Accredited Aged Care Professional. Alessandra will explain the options and costs involved in an Aged Care placement.
- What happens if I die without a will?
- How to ensure I leave what I want to the right people
- Understanding basic terms of a will
- Use of a testamentary trust
- Aged care options
- Aged care costs
- What might I need to know for my parents?
FEB 2021 | Tips for your financial success
A financial health check is something we should all consider. This is particularly important for women – we are so busy, that we don’t often take the time. William Buck Wealth Advisors Janine Williamson and Jessica Cumming will provide tips for your financial success.
- Tax savings tips
- Insurance savings
- Ways to save on your home loan interest
- Personal banking structure tips – ways to simplify it
- Setting a personal/household budget
- Building personal savings and goal setting