Are you a proactive and innovative accounting professional interested in joining our team?
William Buck Queensland fosters a dynamic and respectful work culture, where growth and development are encouraged and initiative is rewarded. We believe in the power of teamwork and recognise the important role each individual staff member plays in our success. Our friendly working culture and unique philosophy, Changing Lives has resulted in our office values of collegiate, respect, innovation and accountability. We embody these values in everything we do; with each other, with our clients and with the community.
Our people benefit from a structured professional development program which offers both formal and ‘on-the job’ training from day one through to the most senior level.
We even take our teamwork out of the office and onto the field, participating in fun runs, fitness classes and soccer. Getting to know your colleagues over drinks and nibbles is par for the course, with special functions held for Melbourne Cup, End of Financial Year and Christmas.
William Buck Queensland proudly supports the Australian Medical Association Foundation each year. We are also proud to support a number of charities through pro bono work, donations and sponsorships including:
- National Breast Cancer Foundation
- MS Queensland
- Orange Sky Laundry
- The Smith Family
William Buck Queensland welcomes inquiries from experienced professionals. We’re currently recruiting for the following role:
Manager - Business Advisory Services
- Full Time
- Gold Coast
William Buck is a reputable mid-tier Chartered Accountancy practice with offices located throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Our Gold Coast office is currently seeking an experienced and passionate Manager to join our Business Advisory team.
Reporting to the Director and Principal, you will be responsible for delivering a full range of accounting and business advisory services to a range of middle market clients.
Having previously worked in a similar role, you will possess the ability to manage a busy workload together with a strong client service focus.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordination and preparation of statutory compliance work
- Tax planning and advice
- Preparation and review of management reports for clients
- Planning of work production and allocation of jobs
- Guiding and assisting team members in completing their work
- Workflow management and review of files
- Budgeting of individual jobs
- Client presentation
- Development of new business opportunities
To be considered for this position, ideally you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – both within your team and with clients
- Responsibility, integrity and a professional outlook
- A team focussed attitude with a confident and friendly personality
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and identify and deal with problems as they arise
- Experience in managing a variety of tasks simultaneously despite changing priorities and requirements
- Xero, MYOB knowledge essential. APS knowledge desirable.
- Degree qualification in Accounting, Business or Commerce
- Completed CA program
As our newest team member, William Buck offers you:
- Excellent training and resources
- A genuine work-life balance
- An opportunity to progress your career with a stable and supportive firm
Applications for our 2021 Graduate program are now closed.
Please ensure to include:
- An updated CV
- Cover letter
- Academic transcript
Once your application is submitted, you may be shortlisted. The next round is a phone interview.
It’s time to get to know you! Once you’ve been shortlisted you will be requested to attend our office to a first interview.
If successful, a second and final interview will be conducted.
Offers are made to be around 15 May 2020.
It you are fit for the role, you’ll be presented with an offer to join our team. Congratulations!