A long and proud history
1946 – Giles & Giles Pty was founded
The firm commenced with partners Ken & Mawson Giles.
1996 – Joined the William Buck Group
This was a significant turning point for the firm by joining a national network.
2004- Merged with Harmer & Associates
Chris Gebhardt and his small team joined William Buck to provide a broader service offering to clients.
An era of sustained growth
2008- William Buck moves into the CBD
After outgrowing our Greenhill Road premises, we moved into the Victoria Square precinct at 211 Victoria Square, to be closer to our business partners and planned expansion.
2009 – Merged with Moore Stephens Adelaide/strong>
To add scale to our business and wealth advisory divisions we merged with Moore Stephens. Partners John Lampard and Andrew Craig and their team joined William Buck.
2011 – Merged with MSI Tilley Adelaide
We merged with MSI Tilley Adelaide, a well-respected audit firm, to increase the size of our audit division. Partners Grant Wilson, Dean Spencer and Ben Trengove and staff joined William Buck.
2012 – Merged with Lewis Richmond
We merged with Lewis Richmond. Partner Terry Lewis and his staff joined William Buck boosting our business advisory and tax capability.
William Buck Today
William Buck Adelaide now comprises 17 Directors and 160+ staff, making us one of Adelaide’s largest accounting firms. Our depth and breadth of services is significant. We now operate across five core divisions:
Audit & Assurance
Directors: Matthew King, Grant Martinella
Directors: Martin Hill, Jamie McKeough, Tom Laundy, Ben Trengove, Terry Lewis, Matthew Illman, Babis Mavrakis.
Directors: Grant Wilson, Adrian Chugg
Directors: Ian Snook, Malcolm Wight
Directors: Chris Kennedy, Adrian Frinsdorf, Janine Williamson