Be Informed is William Buck's regular newsletter, filled with up to date news and relevant advice for individuals and businesses.
“Selecting the right people for the right job is the key to getting the best results for my clients.”
Director, Business Advisory
John believes that “it’s not about having the answers all of the time, it about being able to rely on your team and select the people with the skills most suited to the project”.
With a determination to succeed and get results, John also finds it beneficial to get really involved in his clients’ businesses. As he explains, “That means turning up on their doorstep, going through accounts with them, trying to understand where they want to take their business, and being a bit of a sounding board”.
John’s expertise lies in assisting SMEs on compliance matters and providing consulting services in respect to their business management including budget and forecast preparation to assist in cash flow management.
John also reviews clients’ businesses to understand what makes it tick as well as providing services that give direction and depth to the development of his clients’ businesses in general. In addition, he also assists in making presentations on behalf of his clients to financial institutions to assist in raising finance.
What’s most satisfying about his work? Developing relationships with his clients and seeing them get on the right track and grow.
- Providing management and consulting services to small to medium businesses including:
- Preparation of cash flow budgets and forecasting
- Presentation to banking institutions for business finance
- Managing client’s compliance lodgements with the ATO including lodgement of income taxes, PAYG returns and BAS returns
- Review of clients risk management processes
- Providing assistance to clients in both the purchasing and selling of small to medium businesses.
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Justice of the Peace
- Member of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Professional Services
- Family owned businesses
- Wholesale, Retail, Import and Distribution
- Mid-size businesses