Be Informed is William Buck's regular newsletter, filled with up to date news and relevant advice for individuals and businesses.
“I put myself in my client’s shoes to gain a broader perspective.“
Director, Audit & Assurance
Matthew believes that having an open mind is the key to being a good auditor. ‘Everyone has their own experiences and knowledge of a situation. As an auditor, you need to take into account different perspectives while objectively analysing the information at hand.’
With a combination of Big 4 experience and having worked ‘on the other side of the fence’ in a commercial role at Elders Ltd, Matthew understands the practical pressures his clients face. He seeks to make the audit process as valuable and smooth as possible while achieving a practical and commercial outcome.
Matthew has expertise with ASX listed companies, large proprietary companies, not for profits, co-operatives and trusts. In addition to statutory audits, he helps his clients to develop risk mitigation strategies, reviews their internal controls and operations and also provides financial reporting and corporate governance advice.
Underlying Matthew’s experience is uncompromising integrity and a commitment to the profession. As well as holding the position of Director of Audit and Assurance at William Buck, Matthew is the firm’s Chief Financial Officer.
Matthew is actively involved with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, having been a CA Program Focus Session Leader and a current member of their SA/NT Regional Council. Matthew is also a Board Member and Chair of the finance committee at Lighthouse Disability Ltd, and a member of the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee of Operation Flinders.
Matthew’s broad experience means he is well placed to help clients with ongoing solutions to best manage their risk.
- External audit and assurance
- Financial reporting
- Corporate governance
- Risk mitigation and control assessments on business processes
- Due diligence
- Data mining
- Self-managed superannuation fund audits
- Bachelor of Commerce (Acc, Fin)
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Registered Company Auditor
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand SA/NT Regional Council
- CFO - William Buck Adelaide Board Member - Lighthouse Disability Ltd and Chair of Finance Committee
- Member – Operation Flinders Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee
- Public and private companies
- Not for profits
- Aged care