Be Informed is William Buck's regular newsletter, filled with up to date news and relevant advice for individuals and businesses.
“You never learn as much from doing something easy as you do from doing something difficult.”
Principal, Business Advisory
The saying ‘do it right, do it once’ is the best way to sum up Shane’s approach to life. He is a strong believer that there’s no substitute for hard work and applies a keen eye for detail to everything he does.
Shane has a personable and friendly character and always strives to put himself in his ‘client’s shoes’ and see things from their perspective. He understands how frustrating it can be when service businesses are non-responsive and poor communicators, so is committed to ensuring he provides clients with good experiences in these areas.
Starting with William Buck in 2004 as an undergraduate accountant, Shane specialises in providing tax and business advisory services to small to medium enterprises, including tax advice, planning and superannuation.
In recent years, Shane has undertaken a number of secondments with some of William Buck’s larger clients, giving him exposure to the inner workings of business. He credits these experiences for making him better at ‘thinking outside the square’.
Shane believes that client satisfaction is the most important Key Performance Indicator (KPI), and his entire approach is focused on delivering great service.
- Tax planning and compliance
- Management accounting, budgeting, cash flow analysis
- Due diligence, business acquisition and valuation assignments
- Business restructuring and succession planning
- Structuring and tax of property transactions
- Refinancing/bank negotiation documentation
- Proficient in the use of MYOB software
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Diploma of Management
- Service providers