Be Informed is William Buck's regular newsletter, filled with up to date news and relevant advice for individuals and businesses.
“I’ve worked through two recessions and understand the importance of adding value.“
Director, Tax Services
Greg is keen to find out what keeps his clients awake at night and likes to help them work through and come up with solutions to unravel their problems. He is someone that is continuously thinking outside the box and is not afraid to go into combat for his clients to add value and get results.
Having Greg around is like having our very own state-of-the-art tax with an ability to think about complex situations and produce a solution that can be easily understood by our clients.
Greg specialises in mergers and acquisitions, international inbound and outbound investments, tax effective structuring to maximise small business tax concessions, tax effective utilisation of trusts for SME operations, capital gains tax matters, tax consolidation, profit repatriation issues, share buy backs and other forms of capital reductions.
Greg also has extensive experience in managing ATO audits, and reviews all aspects of private equity matters. He has been involved with drafting two pieces of tax legislation with the Treasury on venture capital limited partnerships and the tax treatment of carbon sinks.
Greg enjoys working with his clients to help them find a solution, adding value at every opportunity.
- Buying and selling businesses
- Structuring of business and investment vehicles and reorganisation of existing structures
- Capital gains tax matters – domestic and cross border investments
- Negotiation with the ATO in relation to tax audits, risk reviews and private ruling requests
- Tax risk management strategies
- Tax due diligence assignments – including vendor due diligence
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Professional Services
- Private Equity
- Wholesale and Retail