The South Australian grants apply to businesses with a payroll of less than $1.5 million, and not entitled to a payroll tax waiver under COVID-19 support measures already introduced by the State Government (for businesses with payrolls of up to $4m).
It will work in tandem with the Federal Government’s economic response and be made available to local small businesses that employ people in SA and have a turnover of more than $75,000.
For more information and to register your interest businesses are urged to visit: https://www.treasury.sa.gov.au/Growing-South-Australia/COVID-19
Applications for the grant will open shortly and be available until June 1, 2020.
To be eligible for the one-off $10,000 emergency cash grants, a business must:
- Employ people in South Australia
- Have turnover of more than $75,000
- Have payroll of less than $1.5 million, and not entitled to a payroll tax waiver under COVID-19 support measures introduced by the State Government
- Have an ABN and were carrying on the operation of a business in SA on March 1, 2020
- Have been subject to closure or highly impacted by COVID-19 related restrictions^
- Use the funds to support activities related to the operation of the business
- Apply by June 1, 2020
Note: If a business has received any SA Government grants provided to address COVID-19 related business impacts, these payments will be deducted from the $10,000 grant.
^Businesses eligible for the Commonwealth JobKeeper Payment will be deemed to be highly impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.