An evolving business can often find its structure obsolete or inflexible. The ability to identify the need to restructure without triggering unnecessary taxes or other costs is a challenging but value driven process.
The principle objectives of a business restructure are to ensure flexibility for tax-effectiveness, asset protection (where possible) and compliance with regulations.
Establishing the right business structure is essential for protecting your assets against unforeseeable circumstances or losses; be it ‘safety’ from potential litigation or from losing control of your business.
The competing issues of tax, preferred exit strategies and regulations amongst other matters will need to be balanced in this critical decision.
Whatever stage you’re at in the business lifecycle, our team can help. From establishing the correct business structure, evaluating an existing structure, or designing and implementing a cost-effective restructure.
How we can help
- Developing asset protection strategies for owners
- Designing tax effective structures
- Exit planning within the business structure
- Assessing and minimising stamp duty implications of transactions
- Reviewing existing structures for efficiency and flexibility
- Providing technical advice on complex income tax, GST and CGT concessions in the event of restructure.