How flexible is your business? Are prepared or able to re-invent your business for success? Do you have an organisational culture that drives productivity and innovation?
These were just some of the questions posed by Raymond Spencer, Chairman of the South Australian Economic Development Board at our recent Executive Luncheon in Adelaide.
Raymond shared what he believes to be the five key attributes of a successful business.
1. Scalability – have a product or service that solves real problems for real people who would pay real money.
2. Vision – have a shared vision that is clear
3. Culture – an organisational culture that drives productivity and innovation
4. Competency – train your team and have a domain of learning excellence
5. Team approach – have diverse teams that bring complimentary skills
We’d like to thank Raymond for his time; guests were left with some powerful thoughts to consider in relation to the future of success of their businesses.
About Raymond Spencer
Raymond is currently Chairman of the South Australian Economic Development Board & South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI).
During his career, he has held positions across the USA, India, Europe and Australia.
In particular, Raymond started Kanbay International, an IT services company focused on serving the financial services industry. As Chairman and CEO he led Kanbay on a growth strategy from inception, to a business that employed over 7,600 employees. He then went on to successfully lead Kanby in its acquisition by Capgemini in 2007. Capgemini now employs over 15000 employees.
Today, Raymond remains Chairman of Capgemini’s global financial services business, and is involved as an investor and advisor to a number of start-up companies and venture funds in Australia and the United States.