Is your practice thinking of employing additional staff or have employed additional staff since 1 July 2016, if so we want to draw your attention to the Job Accelerator Grant Scheme where you may be eligible for financial assistance of up to $10,000 ($5,000 each year for 2 years) for each new employee.
In the 2016-17 State Budget, the SA Government announced a Job Accelerator Grant Scheme which aims to provide financial assistance to businesses that employ additional South Australian full-time, part-time and casual employees anytime between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2018, and maintains them for at least 12 months.
Eligibility Requirements to Apply
- Registration must be made within 90 days after each new job commences
- Employment period of 2 years to receive the full grant or 12 months for a partial grant
- Employment commences between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2018 inclusive
- Employee is a South Australian resident
- Contractors and employments agency workers are not considered to be employees
- Employer must have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Pays wages, within the meaning of the Payroll Tax Act 2009, nationally of $5 million or less
- Employer must provide supporting evidence when claim the grant
More information about the registration process can be found by clicking here.
Disclaimer: The contents of this article are in the nature of general comments only, and are not to be used, relied or acted upon without seeking further professional advice. William Buck accepts no liability for errors or omissions, or for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any person acting without such advice. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.